6.27.2013

Thrifty Thursday: Bread Box

This week was not very fruitful for me in the way of decor/furniture.  Although I did score 2 awesome Hurley swimsuits-one for each of my big boys!  Nice!

The one find I was totally excited about was my new bread box! 
(Here he is AFTER, of course!)

Last week I was SO inspired by Chelsea's bread box at Making Home Base, that I was pretty much in shock when I saw them....yes them!  There were 2 boxes.  The only difference was the painting on the front.

I went with the cows!

I painted him with a frenchy blue acrylic paint, then sanded and stained her with 
Martha Stewart's Metallic Glaze
 
The letters were added with my trusty transfer method found 
I switched out the wooden knob for a cute one from Hobby Lobby!

He is very happy in his new home on my kitchen counter!
 Thrift Store box: $4.00
Hobby Lobby knob: $2.00
Total cost for this guy: $6.00!!!!! Oh yeah!

14 comments:

  1. Cute project. I see these boxes often at Goodwill - now I have an idea of what to do with them. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute!! I would love for you to link up at my Work It Wednesday party!!

    xo
    amy
    www.theblissfulbee.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely bread box you transformed this into!! Love the distressing detail, too!
    Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog and for following! Following you back on Bloglovin!
    Selene @ Restoration Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I'll have to look for a bread box next time I go to the thrift store :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You are sure to find one, I've seen tons since that day!

      Delete
  5. I saw this on Coastal Charm's Nifty Thrifty Tuesday linky party and was immediately drawn to it. Great transformation. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie! And thanks for following along!

      Delete
  6. Really love how this turned out! The paint looks amazing! Think I will be keeping my eyes peeled for one of my own :)
    Allie
    http://www.therandomcrafter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, you shouldn't have a problem finding one! Thanks so much!

      Delete
  7. SO cute! I have been on the lookout for a breadbox at the thrift storers around here, but haven't found one yet. Love what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bethany-we love your icon picture-too cute and the bread box transformation is wonderful! It would look great in my kitchen (Sharon).

    Thanks for sharing on the BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT. AND thanks for the link back to BeBetsy. -xo Have a terrific week.

    Sharon and Denise
    Fashion | Food | Beauty | Out & About | Morning Coffee

    Follow us:
    Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Bloglovin ~ Pinterest

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They brighten my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...