5.30.2013

Thrifty Thursday: Cradle & a Chair

This week I found a few little treasures.  I ventured out to the Goodwill in Fountain Hills, which is about a 20 minute drive for me.  Although it was a small store, I was pleased with the purchases I made!

First is this adorable little doll cradle!  How cute is that!  I mean, how cute COULD it be?! It is solid wood and cost $7.00
I'm not really sure why I HAD to have it.....ya know......since I have 3 boys!  Funny how I'm drawn to little girl things!

Here she is before I transformed her:


And here she is now:  SO PRETTY!

I knew I wanted to paint her a pale pink (since I don't get to use pink too often)
But I just mixed some stuff up that I had to get this color.
I had some pale pink acrylic paint, so I just mixed some of my Polar White to it until it was as pale as I wanted it.
Then the usual Sand and Antique

Now I just have to figure out what to do with her! ha

I also found this antique chair.  I remember my Grandparents having one just like it when I was young.
So I couldn't resist!
It was also $7.00! 

The chair was pretty glossy, and I wanted some white to show through when distressed, so I decided to prime instead of using my chalk paint.  I used Cover Stain so I didn't need to sand, then used this Spa Blue color I found at Hobby Lobby:

So here you can see the white underneath:


I am very happy with the color and the way it turned out!
It matches perfect in my family room!

Party Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They brighten my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...